Be part of the storm!
Hibernum Créations, a mobile social games independent studio based in Montreal, offers the chance to join their development team. Hibernum Créations is distinguished by its values based on talent development, quality of teamwork in addition to its friendly atmosphere. Hibernum Créations offers you the opportunity to participate in the development of social games in a wonderful place where great talent fosters innovation. The flexible schedule, benefits and social activities embellish hibernumiens’ life who also take advantage of excellent work-life balance.
Hibernum is searching for highly creative and analytical game designer capable of working on a large range of different games on different platforms.
The new game designer will work in close collaboration with the artistic and technical team to create revolutionary and unique user experiences.
- Create, develop and communicate the game document for the production team:
Establish the game structure and the rules;
Establish the various game modes;
Adjust the game variables: coherence, difficulty curve, progress, etc (game balancing);
Effectively define the interface functioning considering the ergonomics and the accessibility constraints;
Define the game elements (Characters, items, actions, etc.);
Explain the story flow.
- Working for the players: ensure the game’s coherence and focus on the quality, the fun factor and the player’s immersion;
- Supervision / contribution to the prototyping phase;
- Supervision / contribution to the production of content and level design.
- At least 2 years of experience as a game designer in the game industry;
- Creativity and team spirit are essential;
- Very good analytical, communication and presentation skills;
- Solution oriented;
- Good knowledge of the social games market, including mobile and social platforms;
- General knowledge of the complete game development (2D / 3D art, programming, QA, level design);
- Excellent structure and autonomy;
- Asset: good knowledge of Flash and Unity prototyping tools;
- Bilingual (French and English).
Hibernum is seeking a Director of Accounting Services. The person will be under the supervision of our Chief Financial Officer and will participate in implementing procedures and managing accounting services for a growing company.
- Manage and oversee the entire accounting cycle;
-Accounts payable and accounts receivable;
-Billing and managing client accounts;
-Monitor and forecast cash inflows;
- Perform monthly reconciliation of balance sheet items;
- Prepare government reports;
- Produce monthly financial statements;
- Oversee year end procedures and prepare the audit by the external accounting firm;
- Prepare and analyze various weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports;
- Create qualification processes;
- Put in place control processes;
- Prepare and manage the cash budget on a daily basis;
- Establish claims of Multimedia and SR & ED credits;
- Assist with payroll preparation;
- Support the Head of Finance in the development of the implementation of the company’s budgets and strategic financial planning;
- Review, document and improve the various accounting processes and internal controls;
- Perform all other related duties.
- Hold a Bachelor degree in Accounting and 1 to 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience managing accounting services for a growing company;
- Have validated an accounting CPA (important asset);
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Pro 2013 software;
- Expert with Excel (very advanced);
- Able to work quickly and under pressure;
- Detailed, sense of responsibility, discreet, autonomous and versatile in his work;
- Good communication skills;
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written;
- Be a team player.
You like working with numbers and a strong ambition to get experience in the accounting field? You are looking for challenges and would want to become an expert in your field within a growing company? You could be what we are looking for in an Accounting Technician!
You will work closely with the Director of Accounting Services and support him by performing a variety of tasks. Your experience as an Accounting Technician at Hibernum will allow you to share your passion for numbers and accounting and grow as a professional in your field.
- Prepare and analyse various management reports;
- Provide the cash inflows;
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Proceed with billing and accounts receivable management;
- Oversee entry of bills in the system;
- Prepare checks to vendors on a weekly basis;
- Prepare slips and make bank deposits;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet;
- Prepare government reports (GST / QST);
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements;
- Ensure adequate filing documents;
- Perform other related duties.
- College diploma in accounting plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Expert with Excel;
- Strong organization skills;
- Good sense of responsibilities and a team player;
- Demonstrate autonomy and versatility in his work;
- Must have good communication skills;
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure.
Hibernum is looking for a producer to drive and track the production of games and apps on iPad, iPhone and Facebook platforms. The new producer will work in collaboration with the senior production manager, the associate producers and the creative, technical and artistic directors to ensure a effective project flow.
Moreover, the producer is involved as much in conception, pre-production as during the production. A big part of the work consists in managing the timeline, the budgets, the resources’ allowance and the current projects’ contents.
- Manage budgets and insure the contents’ follow-up by project;
- Act as contact person with the customers and manage the business relation;
- Attributable for games and apps’ quality by tracking the project on a continuous base;
- Propose innovative strategies to assure a unique and stimulating user experience;
- Monitor the consistency of the user experience amongst the various platforms;
- Coordinate communications with the Direction and with the associate manager;
- Produce the follow-up reports for the Direction;
- Identify and anticipate the potential problematic;
- Elaborate solutions addressing these problems and implement them;
- Draft the necessary documentation;
- Be on the look-out for the world markets’ new trends and demonstrate a strong interest towards products’ innovation;
- Assure the team cohesion by its credibility, its motivating leadership.
- Relevant experience in the video games industry;
- Positive and motivating leadership;
- Strong project management and organizational and multi tasking skills;
- Communication assets;
- Effectiveness in complex problems solving;
- Good knowledge of mobile markets and social principles of monetization;
- Strong Capacity of adaptation and apprenticeship;
- Experience in Agile methodology;
- Bilingual (French and English).
Hibernum is searching for an ambitious Business Development / Marketing Coordinator to support a passionate team of professionals responsible for growing Hibernum’s business development with clients around the world.
The person will work closely with Hibernum’s business development team to help identify opportunities for new business around the world and maintain close relationships with current clients.
- Support the Business Development team with all activities;
- Manage a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and the client database;
- Coordinate the development of partnership proposals with all personnel involved (design, production, technical, business development);
- Write reports and ensure that all terms and conditions of contractual agreements are communicated effectively;
- Write and format sales tools such as corporate presentations, marketing emails and bids / pitches;
- Continuously monitor and search for potential clients and document all activities with current clients;
- Support with organizing logistics around different business development activities abroad;
- Perform all other related duties.
- Two years of experience in a similar role, preferably in gaming or in a creative industry;
- University training in business development / marketing;
- Strong ability to communicate and write business development material;
- Perfect English (written), functional French;
- Experience managing a CRM, Microsoft Dynamics preferably;
- Excellent knowledge of Keynote (MAC);
- Team player, flexible, collaborative, creative, dynamic, and client oriented.
Hibernum Créations is looking for a Senior C# / C++ Programmer (Animation) specialized in 3D character animation in real time and motion capture.
The programmer will work closely with the production teams and the research and development team to ensure the integration of features in the context of research and development applied to video games.
- Programming features in 3D animation and motion capture;
- Integration of new features in ongoing projects;
- Develop tools when necessary;
- Write technical documentation;
- Maintain a log.
- Hold at least 5 years experience as a developer in the industry;
- Expert in 3D animation (skeletal animation, retargeting, FK, IK, state machines, controllers, etc.);
- Expert in C++ / Expert in C#;
- Good knowledge of communication protocols (UDP, TCP, HTTP);
- Good knowledge of 3D engines;
- Experience with Unity3D (asset);
- Experience with 3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder (asset);
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work well within a team and positive leadership;
Hibernum is searching for a Senior Back-end Developer specialized in apps and social network games on iOS, Android and Facebook. The new Senior Back-end Developer will work in collaboration with the technical, artistic and creative team to create unique interactive experiences.
- Develop robust back-end architecture;
- Create and maintain unit and stress tests;
- Support the infrastructure;
- Participate in the creation of the technical strategies for the company;
- Develop and maintain communication modules client side (C#, C++).
- At least 5 years of experience in the game industry;
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Back-end developer;
- Good knowledge of PHP, C++,Nodejs;
- Knowledge of No-Sql databases;
- Development experience with Unity3D, Unreal or similar engines;
- Extremely creative, multi-talented and structured with good autonomy;
- Team player and strong communication skills;
Hibernum is looking for a Unity 3D developer specialized in the development of apps and social network games on iPhone/iPad and Facebook platforms.
The new Unity 3D developer will closely work in collaboration with the production teams such as the artists and game designers to insure the features’ integration and the identified gameplay mechanics.
- Program the game throughout the design phases, pre-production, production and debug;
- Implement the game mechanics and the various aspects that affect the player’ experience;
- Develop user interfaces as required;
- Integrate the various modules such as physical, vfx and sound.
- Hold at least 2 years experience as a developer in the gaming industry;
- Master the language C#, a must;
- Extended knowledge of the Unity3D environment;
- Experience with external libraries and their integration in Unity, an asset;
- Master the programming objects;
- Ability to work as a team (listening, openness);
- Good knowledge and toward for the gaming industry, a must;
- Have good communication skills and motivation;
- Bilinguism, a must.
Hibernum is looking for a extremely motivated and creative individual to take on the position of Associate Art Director! The person will be specialized in the creation and development of mobile games, should have a devotion to quality and creativity while being incredibly versatile. The Associate Art Director will work in close collaboration with the Studio Art Director and share creative insight with a team of exceptionally skilled artists in order to create unique interactive experiences. This is a rare opportunity to grow within a team of highly skilled individuals and participate in exciting new projects. The candidate will have a chance to shape the future of Hibernum by defining cutting-edge brands, pitching tons of concepts and prototyping new gameplays!
- Strong focus on pitches and prototypes, shaping the vision of tomorrow;
- Provide art direction documents and create strong visual identities;
- Provide cohesive feedback to a vast range of specialities (from concept art, UI to 3D animation);
- Ensure the art direction is respected throughout the lifecycle of each brand;
- Evaluate projects in terms of scope, team size and provide risk mitigation strategies.
- At least 5 years of experience in the game industry;
- Extremely creative, multi-talented and structured with good autonomy in his work;
- Excellent illustration skills(from speed painting, storyboarding to finished product, both cartoon and realistic;
- Proficient in 3D modeling/texturing;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Good technical knowledge of production pipelines in Unity;
- Ability to prototype in Unity a definite plus;
- Aptitudes in graphic design;
- Knowledge of production tools (Photoshop, Flash/After Effects, 3DSMax/Maya);
- Work well as part of a team, with a wide range of people;
- Vast knowledge of the mobile marketplace;
- Management experience, a bonus;
Hibernum is looking for 3D artists specialized in the creation and development of social and mobile game platforms. Using the 3DS Max software, the new 3D artist will be responsible for modeling and texturing a variety of different 3D scenes.
- Modeling 3D scenes (with sketches);
- Unfolding UVs;
- Creation of materials and textures.
- Have at least 2 years experience as a generalist artist;
- Master 3ds max or Maya;
- Solid understanding of color, shadows and light;
- Understanding image composition;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Creativity, autonomy and teamwork are essential;
- Strong interest in the video game world and motivation;
- Good culture media (web, games, comics, film, cartoon).
- Knowledge of Zbrush;
- Character modeling;
- Experience in photography.
Hibernum is recruiting several 2D artists specialized in the creation and development of social and mobile game plateforms. The new 2D artists will have the mandate to develop and create multiple 2D illustrations.
- Be involved in all stages of project production (brainstorming, research, conceptualization, design, coloring and final rendering);
- Propose creative ideas considering the specific constraints of the project;
- Have the ability to adapt quickly to a graphic style proposed by the artistic director;
- Be able to use references and 3D bases (guides) to create compelling illustrations.
- Hold at least two years of experience as an illustrator;
- Possess solid traditional drawing bases;
- Have the ability to work quickly under pressure;
- Master Adobe Photoshop;
- Good understanding of volumes and light;
- Demonstrate an open mind and a strong ability to work in teams;
- Be versatile in the different creation’ spheres.
- Master the basics of modeling and 3D textures;
- Have good matte painting skills;
- Technical knowledge of Unity.
Hibernum is searching for a UI designer specialized in the creation and development of social network games on platforms such as iPhone/iPad and Facebook. The new UI designer will work in collaboration with the artistic and creative team to create unique interactive experiences.
- Create and implement graphical elements in collaboration with the artistic director;
- Involved in each stage of the creative process (must be able to ensure the conceptualization, modeling, rendering, animation and integration of all 2D graphics products);
- Develop a organization chart of a clear and coherent application that meets the needs of the design and of the platform;
- Propose original and creative visual concepts.
- At least 4 years of experience as a UI designer in the game industry;
- Has a degree in graphic design;
- Strong interest in simple and intuitive user experience;
- Good knowledge of technical limitations and opportunities on platforms such as Apple, Android and Facebook;
- Good knowledge of game mechanics and interface of the competition using ‘Free to Play’;
- Design experience on Tactiles and mobile applications;
- Ability to create functional and logical ergonomic screen compositions;
- Ability to deliver solutions that meet customer demands and technical constraints;
- Demonstrate a rich portfolio of interactive design;
- Excellent knowledge of animation software (Flash, After Effects);
- Excellent knowledge of different digital painting tools (Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Advanced knowledge of production tools and creation of prototypes;
- Experience in motion design and/or iconography;
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure without compromising quality.
Hibernum is looking for a technical artist who will contribute to the development of its console and mobile platform games. The development focus will be based on Unity game engine.
The new technical artist will be working in collaboration with the production team, which include artists, game designers and developers, to establish new workflows and visual assets integration methods. The technical artist will also get the opportunity to contribute in the development of the technical artists department in the company.
- Write scripts to facilitate workflows for the art team;
- Improve our art pipelines by proposing long term solutions on various projects;
- Mentor the team and provide training (Unity 3D, Maya, 3DSMax);
- Owner of naming conventions and best practices;
- Establish technical limitations and ensure the team respects those;
- Identify the technological issues related to graphic production;
- Integration of 3D elements and animations.
- Hold at least 2 years experience in the gaming industry or other related experience;
- At least one shipped product with Unity 3D;
- Fluent in scripting(Mel, Python, Maxscript);
- Knowledge of C#;
- Familiar with rigging concepts;
- Deep comprehension of performance issues typically met during game development;
- Have good communication skills;
- Good leadership;
- Flash knowledge,a bonus;